Kindergarten Prep Class
Is your child entering Kindergarten in the Fall? Are you concerned they may not be ready for the new demands of Kindergarten? Do you feel they will forget what they have learned over the summer? Well we have a class for you!
Mrs. Hayton is a NJ Public School Kindergarten teacher for 12 years!
She is trained in Orton Gillingham phonics program as well as the Lucy Calkins workshop model. She was awarded Bergen County Teacher of the year!
Mrs. Hayton is also a Pequannock mom who has a child entering Kindergarten in the fall and would like to share her years of teaching experience with our *program!
Mrs. Hayton will be joining Scribbles to provide a special academic offering that you don’t want to miss!
· Each student will be individually assessed before the program begins
· Students will study letter recognition, letter sounds, blending sounds and sounding out words.
· Reading level A books and sight words
· Students will work on recognizing numbers 0-20 out of order.
· Counting to 100 and counting 100 things.
· Ending Assessments and parent/guardian conferences
· Children will receive an achievement award upon completion of the program.
This is a class that will fill up quick. We are only accepting 15 students to ensure every student gets the most out of the class. The class will be reserved on a first come first serve basis. We look forward to working with your child!!
Location: Pompton Plains Preschool-525 Newark Pompton Turnpike, Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
Dates: July 30- August 10 (two weeks)
* Child does not need to be attending the day camp to be a student in this class.
Student would arrive at the Pompton Plains Preschool 2:00pm and be dismissed at 3:00pm
Campers who register for Kindergarten Prep Class will be walked to the classroom.